In-class hands-on QuickBooks Training
In our hands-on QuickBooks training courses, you’ll learn how to perform common day-to-day QuickBooks transactions by first learning how to enter the transactions and then trying them yourself. We’ll give you plenty of practice so you can return to the office and begin using your new skills with confidence! We’ll also give you access to our “let me try” application simulations so you can continue to practice your new skills in the comfort of your home or office!
In order to get the most out of our in-class hands on QuickBooks training, students should bring a laptop with QuickBooks Pro 2015 (Canadian edition) already installed.
Why take training with OnPoint Software Training?
Chris Heaney, the owner of OnPoint is an experienced adult educator and published author. She is the author of Pearson Education Canada’s QuickBooks textbook and their Sage 300 ERP textbook. She managed the Education Department for Sage, was a corporate trainer for Accpac International and worked for over 10 years in the Continuing Education Department at Mohawk College. She has over 25 years of teaching experience that includes teaching both live and online classes. Now she is an entrepreneur just like many of you and uses QuickBooks to run her business.
Debbie Baker-Longley is an experienced adult educator and also has over 25 years of teaching experience. She has taught various software packages including QuickBooks, Sage 300 ERP and Microsoft Office. She teaches part-time in both day school and Continuing Education at Mohawk College.
Together, Chris and Debbie have taught thousands of students and take pride in making sure that their students leave their courses with the training they need to successfully implement what they’ve learned in their business.
What’s included in our in-class hands-on QuickBooks Training courses:
✔ Expert QuickBooks Instructor
✔ Student document that you can use back at the office
✔ Learn QuickBooks Pro (Canadian Edition)
✔ Hands-on training
✔ Access to “let me try” application simulations after the course
✔ Access to two 1 – hour online Q & A support sessions to ask questions about any topic you learned in the course
This course is for new QuickBooks users or anyone who needs to learn how to enter day-to-day transactions in QuickBooks. This course will be taught using QuickBooks Pro 2015, but anyone using QuickBooks Premier can also take the course.
NOTE: Payroll is NOT included in this course.
This course is available at the following locations:
This course is taught using QuickBooks Pro 2013 (Canadian edition) and is intended for new QuickBooks users, or anyone who wants to learn how to work more efficiently while performing their day-to-day tasks in QuickBooks. Please note that Payroll is NOT included in this course.
Here’s what you can expect to learn in QuickBooks:
- Understand how to use the icons on the Home page to navigate to the various QuickBooks tasks
- Review the five QuickBooks Centres
- Learn how to use the Icon bar and customize it to easily access the tasks you perform on a regular basis
- Learn how to use the My Shortcuts, Do Today, View Balances and Run Favourite Reports options
- Learn how to utilize the Live Community and QuickBooks Help while working in QuickBooks
- Learn how to modify various QuickBooks preferences to help you work efficiently in QuickBooks
- Review the Customer, Vendor and Report Centre in detail
- Understand how forms, lists and registers are used in QuickBooks
- Learn how to manage your lists by modifying and deleting list entries
- Learn how to enter list items such as customers and vendors on the fly during transaction entry
- Add, edit and delete accounts on the Chart of Accounts
- Learn how to safeguard your QuickBooks company file by performing a regular backup
- Review the Accounts Receivable workflows and understand how to enter customer transactions
- Review the Customer Centre and learn how to use it to view customer information and customer transactions
- Add customers and review the various fields available in the customer record
- Learn how to modify and delete customer records
- Add your products and services so you can start invoicing your customers
- Enter customer invoices and sales receipts
- Print and e-mail invoices and sales receipts individually or together in a batch
- Understand when to use the Undeposited Funds account
- Enter customer payments including partial payments
- Learn how to record deposits in QuickBooks so they match your bank statement
- View various Customers and Receivables reports
- Review the Accounts Payable workflows and understand how to enter vendor transactions
- Review the Vendor Centre and learn how to use it to view vendor information and vendor transactions
- Add vendors and review the various fields available in the vendor record
- Learn how to modify and delete vendor records
- Enter vendor bills, purchase orders, and item receipts
- Learn how to perform a bank transfer
- Pay vendor bills including how to make partial payments to vendors
- Learn how to write cheques in QuickBooks and then print them individually or together in a batch
- View various Vendors and Payables reports
- After entering transactions in QuickBooks, learn how to find them quickly and efficiently and correct them if necessary
- Learn when and how to delete or void transactions
- View the voided/deleted transaction report
- View the audit trail that will show you which transactions have been modified
Pre-requisites & Certificates
No QuickBooks experience is necessary.
A Certificate of Completion will be provided.
You may cancel this course within 14 business days of the course date. You can contact our office at 1-888-628-3921 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to cancel within 7 business days, you will receive a credit towards future training.
We reserve the right to cancel classes due to low enrollment.