QuickBooks Sales and Customers
The entry and management of sales and customer transactions are essential QuickBooks functions. This QuickBooks course is designed to teach you how to work with various QuickBooks sales and customer transactions.
In this QuickBooks course you will learn how to access and use the Customer Centre, enter QuickBooks sales including invoices and sales receipts, enter customer payments, record deposits and view various Customers & Receivables and Sales reports available in QuickBooks. You will also review basic data management as it pertains to customers – how to add and modify customer records, and how to add custom fields to customer records. You will be shown how to enter customers “on the fly” during transaction entry, delete customers and make customer records inactive.
Since you can’t enter sales transactions in QuickBooks without setting up items first, you’ll learn how to set up a service item, an inventory item and a non-inventory part item.
On the financial side, you will be shown how to enter invoices and sales receipts. Various aspects of payment entry are discussed, including full payment, partial payments and those that include a discount for early payment. You’ll understand the difference between posting customer payments to the undeposited funds account or directly to a bank account and how selecting the correct option will make your QuickBooks bank reconciliation easy to perform! Learn how to record deposits, and access various Customers & Receivables and Sales reports.
- Understand the Accounts Receivable workflows and remove unnecessary activities
- Access customer information and transactions in the Customer Centre
- Set up sales and customers preferences
- Add and modify customer records
- Create custom fields in customer records
- Add a customer type, term and credit limit to customer records
- Understand how to enable and use customer tax codes
- Enter a service item, inventory item and non-inventory part item
- Enter a service and product invoice
- Enter customers “on the fly” during transaction entry
- Enter sales receipts
- Print or E-mail sales forms individually or together in a batch
- Enter customer payments, including partial payments and payments that include a discount for early payment
- Understand the difference between posting customer payments to the undeposited funds account or directly to a bank account
- Record deposits
- Review various Customers & Receivables and Sales reports
Why You Need This QuickBooks Course
This course provides a fundamental understanding of customers and transaction entry that forms the basis for entering sales to your customers in QuickBooks. It is essential learning for anyone needing to enter basic sales transactions, enter customer payments, record deposits and print or e-mail customer invoices.
In addition to standard transaction entry, this course shows you how to use the QuickBooks Customer Centre and manage your customer records. Learn where to select specific Sales and Customers preferences and how to add custom fields to customer records so you can keep information about your customers that is relevant to your business. An overview of Customers & Receivables and Sales reports is also included in this course.
Since these courses do not deal directly with specific and individual requirements, it is recommended that you obtain the necessary advice from an accountant, employer, QuickBooks® ProAdvisor® or such other appropriate expert with regards to your specific requirements or guidelines where necessary.
Connect With Us
Watch Us on YouTube